This system offers a full range of features and services to assist job seekers and employers in their workforce development needs. For job seekers, that means finding assistance in researching the job market, figuring out what careers they are qualified for, how much those jobs pay, and other issues of interest. Employers can use the system to post their available job openings to a large pool of candidates, search for candidates using a wide variety of criteria, and research the local labor market.
Registration allows users to save personal information, settings, and preferences that make using the system easier and quicker during future visits.
After you create your user account, you will be able to save the information you have retrieved in the system. The system organizes this information, such as career searches and occupations, or résumés that have been viewed, in an easy-to-use file folder structure. This eliminates the need to conduct repeated searches for the same information, saving you time and effort.
Registered individuals have access to:
- A personal file folder that contains information on saved searches, system settings, and other information
- Career assessment tools, including skills matching, that help match a person's qualifications and abilities to specific occupations
- A home page with customized news content
- Creation of résumés and cover letters
- Automated job searches that deliver job opportunities to your system message box, an e-mail address you provide, or both
Registered businesses can:
- Post job orders
- Search the system's database for candidate résumés
- Perform searches using an expanded range of advanced search options
- Create automated candidate searches that deliver résumés to your message box, e-mail address, or both
All personal information entered into the system is held strictly confidential; it is not used for solicitation or other purposes. You can work through the system and feel secure that your data will not be shared or passed on to anyone.